Experience

Student Researching Assistant for CURENT at the University of Tennessee

December 2016 to present

• I got to lead activities for middle school and high school students on Engineering Nights
  • I was also given the opportunity to research cyber security and power systems under DOE and NSF funded program
  • I am currently working under Dr. Costinett by testing solar inverters (one of my posters can be seen below)
  • I have been allowed to present my research to DOE and NSF representatives
  • During summer of 2018, I actually got to go do research in renewable energy policies in Hangzhou, China at Zhejiang University
  • I was chosen to act as the social media director for this organization
  • Presently, I am acting as Vice President of Communications for the Student Leadership Council of CURENT

Honors Mentor at the University of Tennessee

May 2017 to April 2018

• I was tasked with relaying information from the Honors College to new members
  • In doing this, I assisted students with the transition from high school to college and helped with move-in

Engineering Summer Counselor for Pre-College Program (eVOL) at the University of Tennessee

May 2017 to June 2017

• Through this, I engaged with 100 parents, 10 faculty members, and 2 engineering representatives during an engineering conference
  • I worked with a team to develop activities and lead several engineering projects that challenged 100 potential engineering students
  • The main task I worked on was mentoring high school students on the acquisition of an engineering education
  • Other tasks included first aid assistance, public relations, and facilitating group activities
  • Lastly, I worked with a programming budget of $100.00 for evening enrichment activities

CURENT poster-1ai4nak