Extracurricular Experiences

Admittedly, I am one of those students who enjoy being involved in several different organizations at once. While it can be hard to manage at crazy points in the semester, I believe my active participation in a variety of organizations gives my overall educational experience a well-rounded perspective. Read below to learn more about what I like to do on campus.

Belmont University College of Law:

Family Law Society

In Belmont Law’s Family Law Society, I serve as the secretary on the executive board. Our purpose is to educate fellow law students on issues in family law as well as connect with family law practitioners in the community.

Belmont Legal Aid Society

I serve on Belmont Legal Aid Society’s Fundraising Committee. The fundraising committee plans events and campaigns to raise funds for student summer stipends so students can participate in meaningful, unpaid legal work.

Additionally, I have participated in an Expungement Clinic and “Essential Documents for Essential Workers” Clinic through BLAS.

Belmont University College of Law American Inn of Court

During 1L year, I participated in Belmont Law’s American Inn of Court chapter where I had the opportunity to network with a variety of local legal professionals.

Bar Associations

I am a law student member of the American Bar Association and the Tennessee Bar Association.

Tennessee Lawyer’s Association for Women

I am a law student member of the Tennessee Lawyer’s Association for Women.

❧☙

University of Tennessee:

Chancellor’s Honors Program

The Chancellor’s Honors Program was a very rewarding experience, and it greatly supplemented my education at the University of Tennessee. As an honors student, I had the opportunity to study abroad, take exclusive honors courses with the best professors at UT, and attend special Becker Seminars with speakers from around the world. Additionally, I completed an honors thesis project my senior year focused on prevention programs for at-risk youth.

Phi Alpha Delta/Kappa Alpha Pi

During my third year at the University of Tennessee, I was initiated into the pre-law academic fraternity known as Phi Alpha Delta. Our chapter later transitioned to Kappa Alpha Pi. Being a Brother in this prestigious organization has expanded my opportunities as a pre-law student by introducing me to legal professionals and law school admissions counselors from around the country and by teaching me about the many different practice areas of law. Additionally, I am on the LSAT Committee, so I have the opportunity to help my fellow Brothers prepare for the LSAT.

The Tennessee Journalist (TNJN)

I started working at TNJN in Fall 2019 as a practicum student. I began writing as a news writer and quickly became the campus crime/police beat reporter. In October 2019, I became the assistant news editor. In spring 2020, I served as the editor-in-chief.

Roosevelt Institute

Image result for roosevelt institute

During my junior year, I served as the vice president of UT’s chapter of the Roosevelt Institute. It is a progressive think tank organization for students who are passionate about public policy and continuing the legacy of Franklin D. Roosevelt. As Vice President, I have had the opportunity to work with my peers and different organizations on campus to organize events and bring speakers to campus while educating others on a variety of public policy topics.

The Baker Ambassador Program

Inspired by Howard H. Baker Jr., UT’s Baker Ambassador Program is dedicated to promoting the ideals of civility, integrity, and public service. I am honored to be a part of this organization because of the many opportunities it has given me in addition to the personal growth I have experienced within this organization. Being a Baker Ambassador has given me the chance to meet many public officials in addition to organizing and attending a variety of campus events. For example, I had the chance to meet and converse with Ambassador Ira Shapiro about the importance of trade and economics.

________________________________________________________________________________

Additionally, I briefly participated in a variety of other organizations during my time at the University of Tennessee, including the Student Political Alliance and the Triathlon Club.